One night I was sitting at home noodling the fact that avocado is good in absolutely everything.The avocado is the manna of our time. Delicious and healthful wouldn’t it be great if there was some sauce or dressing, starring avocado, that you could use with just abut any meal?
I was in a concocting mood and went to town concocting.
I wanted to impress salads to roasted veggies all the way to a dip for chicken. I dibbled, and I dabbled and like an author who describes his latest book as “just having poured out of me,” this recipe clearly was already in my head. It was fully evolved after about ten minutes.
I have made no adjustments to it since the first time made it and the thing I love best is it takes less than five minutes to make and sits pretty in the fridge for at least three days. Maybe longer but I wouldn’t know. Yum Yum.
AVOCADO EVERYTHING DRESSING
Preparation works best in a mini food processor, but I am sure it would be fine in a blender or Cuisinart. You may want to double the recipe if you are going to use a bigger mixing tool.
- 1 ripe avocado (needs to be very ripe so it mashes)
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar (I have also used apple cider vinegar)
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1-2 Tbsp. Key lime juice or lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- dash of cayenne is optional
- In a small food processor combine all ingredients and blend well. Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days and use on salads, roasted vegetables or as a dip for chicken or steak.
- You can add cayenne if you like a little more kick. I also tend to add a little extra of the key lime for more zesty flavour.
YOU CAN ALSO JUST WATCH THE VIDEO VERSION OF THIS POST!
Here is a link to the mini chopper I like to use
HERE IS THE KEY LIME JUICE THAT I LOVE
If you liked this post, you would love these